Divorce Coping Tip for 12th December 2016

We have 2 books that may ease your journey
Click here to preview and buy

If you live in England or Wales and have decided to divorce your ex, you’ll do well to visit the H M Courts and Tribunal Service’s website at Justice.gov.uk, particularly if you are keen to keep your costs to a minimum.

This link will direct you to the form finder section for Divorce; if you struggle to do so, simply search for the following forms. Begin by downloading the guidance notes of D183: Divorce and Dissolution, followed by D184: I Want to Get a Divorce / Dissolution and if you have children you’ll also need D185. Bilingual forms and guidance notes are also available.

When you’re ready for the big one, you’ll need D8: the Divorce / Dissolution/ (Judicial) Separation Petition. It’s a very detailed 8 page PDF, you can fill it in online and print the three copies you need. One is for you to keep, the other two must be submitted to a nearby divorce court and they’ll forward one of them on to your soon to be ex-spouse.

To be honest, even if you do decide to use a solicitor to represent you, it’s a very good idea to fill the D8 in with a clear head, a large cup of tea and a box of tissues. I suspect by the time you get to ‘The Prayer’ on page 8, you’ll need them all.

Leave a Reply