A small team was given the brief to “replicate and support local workshops across the country”. They and their successors have since successfully started local workshops in many parts of the UK all run by volunteer teams.
In November 1994 DRW was registered as a charity with three trustees. At the same time the fundamental principles were drawn up to provide a standard for the workshop. The trustees ensure that all workshops are run to an approved standard and comply with the fundamental principles.
The way DRW works as a volunteer charity is summarised below. We are not experts just people who encourage others.
Divorce Recovery Workshop is:-
- A proven self-help model run to a defined standard
- Simple and it works, speeding an individuals recovery
- Credible, as all those running the workshop have experienced the breakdown of a relationship
- Offered unconditionally to anyone. The only requirement is that you have, in your own opinion, experienced the final breakdown of a significant relationship
- Self-resourcing using volunteers from the workshops and a small charge for expenses
Divorce Recovery Workshop is NOT:-
- Not about hidden agendas. Not about conversion to any faith. Not a platform for campaigning. Not a dating agency!
- Not profit making. A registered charity run by unpaid trustees and volunteers
- Not in competition with any other organisation
- Not dependent on experts. Suitable participants facilitate group sessions at later workshops as part of their own recovery
The workshop will help you to understand what you are going through, provide support from others in the same situation and help you adjust to your new status. It is complimentary to any professional help and support you may be receiving. We do not provide legal advice or formal counselling.