US: Deed of Home & Mortgage Change Post Divorce

The VA also will not accept my divorce decree and wants a letter from my ex-wife stating that she relinquished her rights to the home, which she refuses to sign.

My question is, after I pay off the home, how can I get her name off the title?

A: You must separate the issues: There is a big difference between the ownership of your home and the debt obligation to your lender.

When you contact your lender or the VA, they will automatically assume you are calling them to see if you can get your former wife’s name off the mortgage to the home. From your perspective, you may not care if your former wife’s name is on or off your mortgage. You should only care that her name is no longer on the title to the home.

Click here to read the rest of the report.

Leave a Reply